We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We also provide consultancy services. We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how Casey Associates Ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”, or “the Company”) collect and process your Personal Data, whether you’re a client, a candidate, a supplier or another third party.
“Personal Data” is any information identifying a living, identifiable individual, excluding any anonymous data but including any sensitive Personal Data. Such data can be factual such as a name, email address, date of birth or national insurance number; or an opinion or reference about a person’s actions or behaviour.
“Processing” or “Process” means any activity involving the use of Personal Data whether that is obtaining, holding, recording or carrying out any operations on the data including organising, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. It includes the transmission or transferring Personal Data to third parties.
Casey Associates Limited is the data controller and we are responsible for your Personal Data, including determining when, why and how to Process Personal Data.
Our email address is email@example.com
Our phone number is 01273 488111
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy has been written in accordance with the principles and safeguards set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) We adhere to the principles relating to the Processing of Personal Data set out in GDPR which require Personal Data to be:
(a) Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency).
(b) Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Purpose Limitation).
(c) Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is Processed (Data Minimisation).
(d) Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy).
(e) Not kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is Processed (Storage Limitation).
(f) Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage (Security, Integrity and Confidentiality).
(g) Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place (Transfer Limitation).
(h) Made available to individuals such as to allow them to exercise certain rights in relation to their Personal Data (Data Subject’s Rights and Requests).
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your Personal Data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your Personal Data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us either (i) in accordance with our terms and conditions if you are a client; ii) in accordance with our terms of representation if you are a candidate or (iii) in accordance with the relevant terms of supply between us as businesses.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for Processing your Personal Data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message.
Purposes for Processing your Personal Data
• To enable us to provide a recruitment service for the benefit of Job seekers in particular
• To administer candidate records;
• To maintain our own application records
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by Casey Associates Limited
• To share your contact details within the Casey Associates Limited office and recruiters so they can keep you informed on possible job opportunities.
About news in the industry and events, activities and services that will be occurring in the recruitment sector and in which you may be interested.
Information we obtain from other sources.
In addition, we may obtain information about our candidates from other sources such as job board websites, online CV libraries, references, personal recommendations, referees and other sources. Such information shall be held by us for the purpose of complying with our obligations to our clients and candidates.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- requested information from us or registered with us as a candidate or client; and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us email@example.com any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of us providing you with a service or other transaction.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your Personal Data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in paragraph 3:
- Clients who are looking for suitable candidates to fulfil a role that they are offering.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of Processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to Process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only Process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we Process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our clients (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being clients for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data and it is our responsibility to make sure that any Personal Data we retain is accurate. So, if you would like us to erase your data (to the extent that we are able) or there are any changes to your data which means what we currently hold is inaccurate, please do let us know.
7. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data.
- Request correction of your Personal Data.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to Processing of your Personal Data.
- Request restriction of Processing your Personal Data.
- Request transfer of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.